Air Quality Plan – 2020
The Air Quality Plan for the Opolskie Voivodeship was developed in connection with the occurrence in 2018 of exceeding air quality standards in the Opole zone and the Opole city zone, as well as due to the need to comply with the judgment of the Court of Justice of February 22, 2018 in case C-336 / 16. The program covers the assessment of air quality in the Opole zone (code PL1602) for the protection of human and plant health, and in the city of Opole zone (code PL1601) for the protection of human health.
Public participation in the development of the draft document took place in three stages:
- The stage of developing the assumptions for the “Air Quality Plan for the Opolskie Voivodeship” – from January 14, 2020 to February 5, 2020,
- First public consultations on the draft resolution on the Air Quality Plan from March 26, 2020 to April 16, 2020 (extension to April 24, 2020).
- Second public consultations on the draft resolution on the Air Quality Plan from June 3, 2020 to June 24, 2020
At the stage of developing the assumptions for the project, 20 consultation meetings were carried out in all poviats, intended for residents, communes, poviat starosts, entities and other stakeholders of the “Air Quality Plan for the Opolskie Voivodeship”. The meetings were open to all interested parties.
At the stage of consultation of the draft resolution on the Air Quality Plan 20 meetings were held in the form of a webinar.
The draft “Air Quality Plan for the Opolskie Voivodeship” was adopted by the Board of the Opolskie Voivodeship by resolution No. 2400/2020 of March 23, 2020 and directed to public consultations, issuing opinions by commune heads, mayors, presidents, starosts and the Minister of Climate.
In connection with the introduction of significant changes to the draft “Air protection program for the Opolskie Voivodeship” and in connection with the epidemic situation related to COVID-19, the Management Board of the Opolskie Voivodeship by Resolution No. 2828/2020 of June 1, 2020 adopted the draft “Air Quality Plan for the Voivodeship Opolskiego “and referred him to public consultations.
The purpose of Air Quality Plan is to achieve in the Opolskie Region by 2026 permissible levels of air pollutants like PM10, PM2.5, benzo (a) pyrene.
Main activities focused on air quality improvement include:
- Implementation of local low-stack emission reduction programs – elimination of inefficient heating devices,
- Environmental Education for inhabitants.
A part of the Air Quality Plan is a short-term actions plan, which introduces 3 levels of air pollution threat:
- 1st degree of danger (yellow code),
- 2nd degree of danger (orange code),
- 3rd degree of danger (red code).
The current Air Quality Plan for Opolskie Region was adopted by Resolution no. XX/193/2020 of the Assembly of the Opolskie Voivodeship of July 28, 2020
The resolution can be found here >> https://duwo.opole.uw.gov.pl/legalact/2020/2186/
The development of the Air Quality Plan for Opolskie Region was co-financed by the Regional Fund for Environmental Protection and Water Management in Opole.